Planning to buy a property in Spain? Maybe it’s a future ambition to own your dream Spanish home.
Whatever the case, this episode will give you a detailed insight into buying a house or apartment in Spain and is packed with practical advice on buying in Spain. It’s a meaty subject so I decided to enlist Spanish property consultant Felix Joseph who shares his expert advice.
Felix runs his own property consultancy on the Costa del Sol called Property Under One Roof. He’s also written a book called How to Buy a Property in Spain: everything they wont tell you about buying a property in Spain.
Felix first caught the property bug at a young age when his father unfurled the plans for a house he was going to buy in his native Caribbean. Felix studied an economics degree and then worked in IT for 15 years before investing in property in the UK and building up his own property portfolio which allowed him to semi-retire to Spain with his family. In 2002 he left IT to set up his real estate company ‘Property Under One Roof’ and then moved to Spain in 2006 and pivoted into property consultancy where he offers a wholistic service for people from outside Spain looking to buy.
In the this episode we look at:
- The paperwork you need to get in order in order to be ready to buy property in Spain, such as a fiscal ID number (NIE)
- Whether now is a good time to buy property in Spain or not in light of the situation with Covid 19 and for British citizens, Brexit.
- The costs associated with buying property in Spain.
- The property purchasing process in Spain and legal issues involved.
- Mortgages and financing options for buying property in Spain.
- The Golden Visa
- How to find a property in Spain
- Sage advice and what pitfalls to watch out for when buying property in Spain.
- Plus a few questions that When in Spain listeners sent in.
For more information about Felix Jospeh and his property consultancy check out his website and social media below:
His book available on Amazon: https://www.amazon.com/-/es/Felix-Joseph-ebook/dp/B087QST5M9